Yesterday I did a workshop with Stephen Cassettari on Chinese Brush painting.It is so simple, but so challenging, and I really loved the idea that Chinese Brush painting is, as Stephen described it, "silent poetry".
I now understand why some people spend years just painting bamboo!
How I wish I had done this workshop before our trip to China - I would have had so much more understanding of the art we were seeing.
Complete with the splatters, and after about 30 pages of "brushstroke" practice, this is my final piece from the day.

4 comments:
Wow, great piece. I have a Chinese friend who has tried to show me brush painting. It is very hard. Continued success.
Nice one with chinese brush! I remember those were the only brushes I used when I was in school(because they were cheap) :) But this one turned out really really good!
Beautiful. So soft and delicate looking.
Wow. It's beautiful.
Post a Comment