Saturday, August 16, 2008

#176/180 Something red, a favourite colour

We have this hanging on the wall but it is really for hanging around the neck as a decoration. It is from our visit to the Red Hmong people in Vietnam two years ago. There are the same bells and beads on the baby's hat and each time I look at it I am reminded of what delightful people they were - and how everyone in the world is so much the same. One of the ladies who befriended me was telling me all about how she was worried about her daughter who was insisting on leaving school early - "and will only be able to get a job in the village!" We all have ambitions for our children.
Red is such an auspicious colour in Asia, I'm becoming more and more drawn to using it. I've been reading a book on Feng Shui and have had to add red to two rooms to improve their Feng Shui - but am surprised how much of the house is fine, maybe we do naturally place things in the "right" place?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice drawing, it looks great on the green background!

susan said...

I love your drawing and your rendering that you wrote with it...was enjoyable to read.

Timaree said...

Very nice "red" picture. It's great for a memory jogger when you look back on it later too.

Shelly McC said...

Wonderful painting!

R K said...

Check out "The Pattern Language". IMHO, it is a western version of feng-shui.
Nice site.